When you sign up for an Authoract account, you get a sub-domain in the form yoursite.authoract.com. To attach a custom domain (yoursite.com) that you own, follow the steps below.
Instructions to set up your custom domain
Quick links to guide sections
For the sake of this instructions, we have used Namecheap as an example registrar.
Step 1: Add a CNAME for root domain
- Log into your account at your domain registrar (eg: Namecheap.com)
- Click on manage for the domain you want to connect
- Create a Type CNAME record for the root domain (@) and match the value to your current Authoract sub-domain (refer to the image below)
- Create another Type CNAME record for www and match the value to your current Authoract sub-domain (refer to the image below)
Step 2: Connect your domain from the dashboard
- From the Authoract dashboard, navigate to your Account Page
- Type in your custom domain under the Custom domain widget
- Check the status of your domain to make sure the previous step is successful
- Click set custom domain